Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fingertips of Fire

I had a minor setback last week, and wasn't able to get through a full BJJ class until today.  The wrist was NOT ready and was very angry with me for going back too soon.

However, today I did it.  I made it through a whole class.  We worked spider guard, which I like to call puppet guard, since what you are doing is making your partner look like a marionette.

I'm still figuring out how to get out of the illegal bicep cutter when I do a spider guard sweep, but overall I'm happy with it.  My fingertips, however, are on FIRE.  Fire.  Lava.

You know why the fingertips of fire are worth it?  I got subs tonight more times than I was tapped.  And all my subs were armbars.  This was the first time, on both fronts.  Even better, I felt alive on the mat.  Driven, focused, and lethal.  I pushed myself to not quit, to try new things, and left everything out there.

Can't wait to get back at it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment