Saturday, January 7, 2012

Team Oyama, the destroyer

The good news: the vertigo seems gone. GONE!!! I have pushed myself really hard this week and the dizzy that comes along with some of the basic BJJ training drills (bear crawl, dead bug, little car) doesn't stay for more than a few minutes after the drill. This is a BIG step for me. Feeling dizzy is hard for me. I freak out a little. I get really scared that the dizzy won't go away and I tense up. But it has gone away each time!! Watch out, tomorrow I might actually try front/back rolls!

The bad news: I'm 15 pounds heavier and sooooooo out of shape. Everything. Hurts.

Today I drove Bri down to Team Oyama with me to take the girls' class with Laercio and Erica. As per usual, the warm-up nearly killed me. But we worked x-guard and I needed that. We drilled a sweep, and they did positional sparring on that sweep; had to do 5 pushups every time we got swept. And I did about 200 pushups. I'm not joking.

1 comment:

  1. Vertigo is a killer. I have had problems with vertigo for as long as I can remember and I hate nausea... so... not a winning combination there. :)

    Glad you're back to 100%.

    ReplyDelete