Sunday, January 22, 2012

Frustration

I haven't made it to Robot since last Friday. My job keeps getting in the way. I make it to the office, ass in chair, by 8 every day. I take a 30 minute lunch -- tops. I work efficiently and diligently, and without fail this last week every time I was getting up to head to the gym I got a call or an emergency issue to deal with.

It doesn't feel fair. How can it be so hard to be walking out the door at 6 when I've been at the office since 8? The 7:30 class I can totally do, but it isn't for my belt level anymore. If I want my blue I have to attend the 6:30 class regularly. For some reason my office just cannot seem to let me go by 6.

I read these posts by black belts and higher belts about how you can't let any excuse get in the way of training, that you have to figure out a way to make it work, and I get really frustrated. I don't know what else to do. I've even tried getting to the office at 7 (after having trained until 9:30 the night before) and I still get calls and issues to deal with at 6. If I leave the office anyway and deal with it after class, I could be fired. Really. So these posts about not letting work be an excuse...are they saying to risk getting fired? I don't get it.

Maybe I could go to the two morning classes a week my gym has...I don't know. I'm extremely frustrated at trying to balance work and training, and I can't seem to find a way out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment