Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two a Day

I made it to Robot TWICE today to train!! That's right!! I feel great.

I've spent a lot of the last month trying to figure out how to take care of myself and train.  It's been good. I've started running in the morning and I've managed to fit in BJJ training 3x a week.  I'm going to be able to train in the morning now because Robot made morning class MWF now, and I LOVE the new morning instructor.

I learned SO much this morning.  Arun (my morning instructor) let us pick a move that we have a hard time with, and drill it over and over and over.  I picked my arm across sweep from closed guard.  I have great attacks from closed guard, a hip bump sweep, and sometimes I can get an arm across and take the back.  But I honestly have NO SWEEPS from closed guard.  None.  And I end up being exhausted from trying to keep my guard and attack.

After working with Arun all morning, I realized what I had been doing wrong and finally and really and truly understood the closed guard arm across sweep.  We changed up how I get my grips, how I pop up and take the back hook, and then worked on my posting.  It turns out I wasn't posting high enough and just wasn't understanding the swivel that I need to do with my legs, and I was stopping my own momentum by landing flat on my back.  It's hard to explain.  I'll work on explaining it.

Needless to say, I'm baaaaAAAaaaaack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment