Friday, August 16, 2013

For My FemmeBots

This article is important.

It isn't about jiu jitsu, but it is important. I've starved myself before eating 800 calories a day of fish and lettuce while doing three hour workouts 6x a week just to see the scale move a few pounds and hope that maybe I'll get back down to the Size 2, 105 pound, 15 year old body that I had when I met my husband. It didn't work. It made it worse. It made me hate myself. 

You know what makes me love myself? Being able to do whatever I want to do physically, having my doctor tell me that people would kill for my cholesterol and blood sugar numbers, even though I still think I'm 40 pounds heavier than I'd like to be. No number on any scale makes me love me. No bikini I can wear without cringing makes me love me. Being exactly who I am makes me love me. 

Each and every one of you is beautiful, inside and out. Each and every one of you is different, and inspires me in a different way to train harder, be kinder, and love more. Be healthy, be strong, and be happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment