Monday, November 7, 2011

Reunited and it feels so goooOOOooood!!

It has been way to long since my last post. Quick recap:

(1) I had an MRI on October 27 and a whole bunch more blood work to try and diagnose the vertigo; all tests came back negative.

(2) I got all frustrated that I was still so wobbly that I could not roll, so I dyed my old grungy Fuij gi dark purple!! It looks amazing. I intend to do an entire post on how I did it, with photos. I highly recommend dying your white gi if it gets that yucky overly used gross look.

(3) No Gi Worlds!!! My professor got ROBBED of gold in his black belt final, and my teammate took home silver his blue belt final. WOOT!!

(4) The vertigo seems to be reacting to medication, I'm cutting out all sorts of migraine/vertigo inducing foods and doing everything the doctors tell me, including taking most of this week off from work and 5 days off for Thanksgiving.

Each of those things probably deserves more attention, but the most important part was that tonight I actually sparred more than one roll!! WOOT! And I got a tap!! I did!! Cross choke from mount!! I almost got an arm bar, but the time ran out. Shoot!

It felt AMAZING to be back. Tim is still on takedowns, which I'm still not cleared to do. I can only imagine the mayhem my lack of balance would cause the poor person forced to drill with me. The humanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment